People who have gardens in their home want it to look green and healthy throughout the year. Homeowners wish to have a beautiful and well-maintained lawn that makes them feel relaxed. But because of the hectic schedule, most of the people don’t have enough time to look after their garden. But, it is highly advised to follow a weekly schedule if you want to have a lush green garden. You need to take care of your lawn like a baby if you want it to look fresh, and charming.
Before moving towards the tips, let us see why weekly lawn maintenance is recommended by the experts.
The major advantages of lawn maintenance are
- You have strong and healthy grass in the lawn.
- The grass and plants recover at a fast pace from diseases.
- Your garden will look like a professionally maintained yard.
- Plants and grass will grow evenly.
- The curb appeal of the exterior of your home will enhance.
To keep a check on your lawn, you can perform the following activities as per your convenience, once in a week.
- Fertilizing –For the overall development of plants in your garden, fertilization is extremely important. Learn which type of fertilizer should be used depending upon the season. Make it a habit of checking your plants every weekend. See if they are getting essential nutrients or not and apply manures as and when required.
- Watering – To promote the root growth, it is crucial to ensure that the garden gets required water regularly. You can even install irrigation systems to eliminate manual watering. The built-in sensors in sprinkler systems water the lawn on time and in the right amount. They are extremely advantageous as they save the water from being wasted. Therefore, if you don’t have an irrigation system, get it installed by lawn sprinkler professionals.
- Mowing –It is an important lawn maintenance task to keep the grass in good condition. Mowing depends on the type of grass and season. However, mowing once in a week is enough to keep the garden healthy.
- Edging – This task is done right after mowing, and it is essential to keep the lawn green and healthy. Also, you will require an edge trimmer to get a perfect finish.
- Weed Control – Weed is a common problem of any lawn. Thus, weeds need to be eliminated from the garden before they consume water and all the nutrients from your plants. To avoid weeds, make sure that the lawn is fertilized and watered after regular intervals and once in a week. However, if you find weeds in your garden, get rid of them immediately.
- Damage Repair – If you have kids and pets at home, then your garden must be facing heavy foot traffic. So, repairing the damaged part is crucial if you want your garden to look green. If necessary, sprinkle seeds and fill up the patches formed.